OSB is a wood based panel that's been engineered to work for you.
It's easy to use and superior in many cases to Plywood, particularly when the Ply doesn't carry the correct certified credentials. It's less expensive than many Ply equivalents too.
OSB stands for Oriented Strand Board. Super strong, consistent and defect free, it's made with three layers of wood strands that are mixed with resin, each layer is laid in opposite directions for extra strength.
So whether you're sheathing walls, laying floors, cladding roofs, fitting out van interiors or anything else, you'll get better results, better efficiency and better value.
How to use OSB
OSB is primarily a panel for construction and is widely used for flooring, flat roof decking and wall sheathing but many other applications are possible. Its precision engineered to remove defects and give it a uniform structure, with excellent strength and moisture tolerance properties.
Load bearing dry: for general purpose applications such as hoardings, packaging, shelving, displays or as decorative interior panels.
Load bearing humid: ideal for structural applications where moisture may be present, for example flooring, roof decking and sheathing applications.
Environmental renewable resource
OSB is made from wood, a truly renewable resource. So it's up there with the most environmentally beneficial building materials in the world. Better still, our wood is home-grown and produced, so there's no impact on tropical rain forests - unlike with some plywood.
OSB meets tough environmental, social and economic guidelines. Producing OSB uses less resource too, with a lot of the energy coming from wood residues derived during the process itself, instead of fossil fuels. This helps make our carbon footprint even smaller.
OSB is used in floor and wall systems.
1) Tight construction and high strength
2) Minimum twisting, delaminating or warping
3) No rotten or decay, strong against corrosion and fire
4) Water proof, consistent when exposed in the natural or wet environment
5) Low formaldehyde emission
6) Good nailing strength, easy to be sawn, nailed, drilled, grooved, planed, filed or polished
7) Good heat and sound resistant, easy to be coated
8) According to Canadian Industrial Standard and Canadian OSB Standard
1220mmX 2440mm X9-50mm
(specific dimensions and sanded board for lamination)
1) Regular Dimensions: 2,440 x 1,220 x (9/12 /15 /18 /21mm)
2) Glue: WBP
3) Wood material: Poplar
4) Packing: Pallet
5) Grade: E1,E2